Free CV review service for women in STEM!
Whatever stage you’re at in your career, it’s always good to keep your CV up to date. However, we understand that unless you’re looking for a job, updating your CV isn’t usually at the top of your to do list, and when you do get round to it, it can be difficult to know where to start. This can particularly be the case for women who are re-entering the job market after time away for caring responsibilities, who have newly moved to Scotland and are entering the job market for the first time, for whom English is not their first language.
Our CV service is designed to provide women in STEM with CV support and helping them prepare for that next career move – whether that be a promotion, returning to work after a career break or taking a completely new direction.
Who is our CV review service for?
You can benefit from the service if you are a woman studying, working, or wanting to work in STEM.
If you are a STEM student, we would recommend that your first check with your University the support available through the Careers service.
How to get started?
Please follow these steps:
- Send your CV for review to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send us a Word document so we can make comments on the side.
- We will confirm receipt of your CV and ask you to complete a quick online form to understand better why you are using the service and how we can help. It will only take you a few minutes.
- After completion of the online form, we will start reviewing your CV.
- We will get back to you with our feedback and recommendations via e-mail.
Please note that it usually takes 5 working days to get feedback and recommendations on your CV.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- This service can only provide advice on the content and layout of your CV.
- We are unable to support you to fill out specific applications or give you advice on a niche or specialist job role in the STEM market.
- If you are looking for further guidance on your career in STEM please apply for a Career Clinic appointment. More information can be found on Equate Scotland main website, here.