Chemring Energetics UK Ltd (CEUK) provides equipment based on energetic materials (explosive, propellant) for the defence, security and commercial markets and aims to be the leading producer of solid propellants, IM explosives, energetic devices and sub systems in Europe in terms of safety, customer service and innovation.
This role offers the opportunity to join a diverse team of scientists and engineers collaborating to develop and maintain market leading products. The position will take a holistic approach to product design and development in a mechanical, electrical and chemical engineering environment, taking into account factors such as safety, cost, ease of manufacture and through-life support. The post holder will design, develop and support products to meet customer expectations and comply with all relevant specifications and standards.
We offer a generous range of employee benefits including: private medical insurance, enhanced maternity/adoption/shared parental leave, company sick pay and death in service benefit. We are also are happy to consider flexible working patterns.
Applicants should have:
- Degree or relevant experience in a related discipline
- Understanding of engineering processes, particularly systems engineering, requirements management, validation & verification, product safety and product certification.
- Understanding and application of design software, including drawing and analysis programs
- Experience of data management within MRP/ERP system
- Proficient in use of Solidworks
- Engineering design, calculation and analysis background
- Experience of engineering design tools & techniques
- Engineering modelling experience
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proven track record of system integration design and development programmes
- Carry out all activities in full compliance with H&SE legislation, within company policy and procedure.
- Responsible for reporting any unsafe acts or unsafe conditions observed (using the Near Miss System) in accordance with responsibilities under the Health and Safety at work Act.
- Appropriate technical requirements, technical risk registers, technical programmes, and resource plans are prepared in support of bids and PV cases.
- Ensure all products are designed to deliver a technically compliant product to cost, on time, and to the correct quality standards.
- To deliver the assigned work packages to the aspects of customer (external and internal) requirements in accordance with Company governance procedures, and to budget, schedule and required quality standards.
- Responsible for the creation of all design documentation including specifications, drawings, design calculations, models, technical reports, test and trials procedures and plans, etc.
- Provide validated data to enable the safe and effective introduction of new products (including products transferred from third parties) into manufacturing operations.
- The ability to define and deliver the needs to complete a number of concurrent and complex activities.
- Application of the appropriate Engineering product development tools and techniques, DFSS, DFM, etc.
- Maintenance of product design history files, including data packs and Bill of Materials.
- Support the design and conduct of safe trials and tests.
- The assessment and derivation of design solutions using appropriate modelling and calculations.
- The analysis of technical data and the formation of conclusions and recommendations.
- Preparation of technical reports.
- Safe assembly, disassembly and inspection of products in support of trials or investigations.
- Close liaison with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure that products are designed for manufacture.
- Support to production when required to address engineering issues.
Post Holder Characteristics:
- Must have personal commitment to Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- The ability to identify potential problems and co-ordinate their resolution before they become an issue.
- Continually seeks to identify new ideas and implement new opportunities, which deliver business benefit.
- The ability to build and develop effective relationships and use these to improve performance.
- Excellent IT, communication and team working skills.
Candidates who are interested in the role should send their CV to Claire Platts, HR Business Partner at email@example.com.