AECOM is a world leader in providing fully integrated professional, technical and management support services for a broad range of markets. From transportation, energy and water systems, to enhancing environments and creating new buildings and communities, our vision is to make the world a better place. Our clients include multinationals, major corporates, government bodies, financial institutions and manufacturers.
We are now accepting applications from Civil Engineering students for two CareerWISE positions within our Glasgow office; these will be based in our Bridges and Roads sections.
Right from day one, you will be given the opportunity to get stuck in to some important and challenging projects. Working at AECOM means every day is different, and you will be required to use your skills and knowledge in civil engineering to solve problems and provide key input in to our projects. You will work in a team to provide technical solutions for our clients, and your day could involve anything from assisting in technical reports, producing calculations and designs, travelling to and working on site, or participating in work-group initiatives.
To apply for the position within our Roads Scotland division, you must meet the following requirements:
• Currently in 3rd or 4th year of MEng or equivalent level in Civil Engineering
• Eligibility to work in the UK
• Proficiency in CAD software
AECOM is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Job title: Civil Engineering Placement Student
Duration: June – August 2020
Salary: £1200 per month
Placement Ref: EQU/2020/014
Basic purpose of the placement and its primary objectives
- You will work in a team to provide technical solutions for our clients.
- Assisting in technical reports
- Producing calculations and designs
- Working on-site
- Participating in work-group initiatives and providing key input into projects
Knowledge and skills required:
- Currently studying MEng or equivalent level in Civil Engineering
- Proficiency in CAD software
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Based in office in Glasgow
- 40 hour week
|Education/Qualifications||Studying for MEng or equivalent level in Civil Engineering|
|On track for a 2:1 or first class Honours degree|
Studying MEng/MSc Transportation or Transportation oriented modules
|Experience||Proficiency in CAD software||Engineering related work experience|
|Skills/Personal Requirements||Excellent report writing skills and verbal communication skills|
Strong analytical and organisational skills
Good problem solving skills
Excellent team working skills
Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
How to Apply
Students should complete the online application form via the Equate Scotland website and attach a cover letter and a CV as separate documents, in PDF version and hit submit.
Please also make sure you note the placement reference number that you are applying for (highlighted above) as you will need this to complete the application form.
The closing date is 14th January 2020.