Website Clir Renewables UK Ltd.
Position Title: Project Engineer / Customer Success
Reports to: VP of Customer Success
Location: Glasgow, UK
Salary Range: GBP 35,000 to 45,000.
Full Time (Happy to talk flexible working )
Clir is looking to hire a Project Engineer in our Customer Success team with experience setting up VPN and database connections. Customer Success leads the early stages of establishing data connections and then helps customers use Clir to maximise value from their subscription. You will be the face of the company, one of the first staff that new customers meet and customers’ trusted guide.
Who are we?
Clir’s mission is increasing clean energy production globally, by providing clarity on renewable energy performance, and opportunities for optimisation. The development of our industry leading cloud-based optimization and reporting is informed by deep domain expertise and understanding of customer needs Founded in Vancouver, Canada, we also have team members located in Eastern Canada, USA, and the UK, and customers all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer: inclusion and diversity are core values at our company. You can read more about us here: www.clir.eco
Who are you?
You have a keen interest in renewable power and want to help drive output up and operating costs down across the industry. You are at ease discussing the details of VPN connections, data-pushes, and database schemas in the morning ; and then switching to troubleshooting wind turbine performance with a site manager in the afternoon. You want to contribute to the design, processes and growth of a software startup.
About the role:
- Customer Success means pro-active customer management: anticipating customers’ needs and helping them get maximum value from our product.
- You will oversee a dozen or more wind and solar farms for various European customers. You will learn from customers and co-workers, and teach customers how to use Clir expertly to find issues and opportunities at their farms.
- You will develop our data connection work in Europe and support the technical software team globally.
- Triage and feature requests in our Jira and Product backlogs on behalf of customers and monitor the progress of these through our Sprints and Scrums.
- Populate our customer and internal knowledge bases with software tutorials, and industry relevant insights.
- Support Marketing with customer generated content and guidance on public messaging.
- Schedule more detailed analysis for customers with our Data Science team.
- Work from our office in Glasgow, with a few days’ travel to customers’ sites across Europe every couple of months. We support flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance. Some evening work will be required to overlap with Vancouver, and occasional work from home is available by arrangement with the rest of the team.
You need to have:
- Comfort working with common VPN protocols, programming languages (like SQL, Go, and Python) versioning tools (like Git and AWS).
- A basic understanding of wind and solar plant information (SCADA) databases, construction and operation so that you can understand quickly our customers’ issues and the relative value of our findings to them.
- A positive and helpful attitude, both when educating customers about our product and when working with team-mates internally.
- Professional written and verbal English language communication skills
- The right to work in the UK, and travel in Europe and Canada.
We’ll trust you to:
- Become an expert in our core product, processes, and associated software stack.
- Continuously work with customers to optimize and understand their own workflows and pain points.
To apply for an interview, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing how your experience, personality and goals fit this job description.
We would like to thank all the applicants, in advance, for your interest in our company, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.