- Start date: 20 June 2022
- Salary: Highly competitive
- Location: Edinburgh or Stirling
- Contract type: 8 weeks
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles.
Customer Technology Internship Scheme
Come join our enthusiastic and vibrant Customer Technology team and gain experience across our modern ecosystem, providing our business with the tools and systems to deliver outstanding products and first-class service to our customers.
You will have the opportunity to learn about some of the exciting technologies we’ve been working with recently, for example:
- Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Serverless Frameless
- HD Insight
- Databricks Analytics platform, Spark, SQL, Python
- Adobe Experience Manager
- Adobe Analytics
During the 8 week internship, and you will have the opportunity to work in one of the following teams: Engineering, Delivery, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Platform, Business Analysis or Data Analytics.
Every day is different – from running user research on new products that are coming to market; developing customer, advisor and operational experiences; to making new components and releases live in our production environment. As an intern, you will make valuable contributions to your team and will be involved in a variety of tasks.
Each intern will have a buddy from our graduate cohort who will provide informal support and promote integration with the M&G Plc family. You’ll also have the opportunity to attend networking and social events which are essential for promoting the work life balance encouraged at M&G Plc.
What we’ve been doing recently
We’re making a series of significant changes across the Customer & Distribution team to make M&G Plc the best loved and most successful savings and investments business. These changes are part of our ongoing strategy to modernise the business so that we can enhance our reputation for innovation, reduce costs and become a truly digital business.
- Enabling our teams to deliver at pace and with minimal friction on our secure public cloud flatform, enhancing our CI/CD proposition every day
- Developing and training natural language conversational interfaces to give our customers a smooth experience, and our sales people a major productivity boost
- Working in multi-discipline feature teams, supported by skilled and enthusiastic specialist teams of designers, analysts, product managers, user experience specialists and information security experts
- Ensuring a consistent and enthralling customer experience through our migration to Digital Experience
- Building in quality, speed and visibility from the start through automation of our software delivery processes
- Collaborative engagement to deliver the best possible products for our customers and colleagues
- Sharing a modern journey-led experience with our internal and partner financial advisors, allowing them to spend more time understand their own customers needs and deliver an all-round excellent customer experience
- Realising a visually appealing customer-facing portal for our pension and savings customers, helping them to understand their assets, projections and options to draw down against their portfolio
What we’re looking for
Be happy to help: We all need help from time to time. Sometimes we don’t know it. We make it a point to look out for each other. Caring for each other and being helpful to one another is the foundation of our culture
Take pride in your work: Our future is fuelled by experiences made with passion and creativity. Passion inspires, motivates and makes magic happen. Big or small changes, they are all worth it.
Collaborate: We work together to achieve the best results and we’re looking for people who enjoy working as part of a team, who love sharing their ideas, who loving sharing their ideas and listening to others.
Adaptable and Innovate: The world of technology is constantly changing; we encourage people to bring in new ideas and new ways of thinking; who can help us innovate and grow our business. We value everyone’s contribution and work in an environment that allows everyone to make a difference.
What you can expect
We are a home to people with big smiles and small egos. Be kind, be humble, be supportive and professional – always!
At M&G Plc we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and actively encourage diversity across the business. If you share our values, are passionate about technology and are a penultimate year undergraduate aiming for a 2:1 at undergraduate degree level, then get in touch to start your M&G Plc journey.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for internships. However, if you’re in full-time education in the UK under the Tier 4 (General) category, current regulations may permit you to take on temporary employment during holiday periods or as part of your studies.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
How do we support our employees:
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit this page where you can find details of our application processes.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about our internship programme, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this internship is November 7, 2021. Please note that we assess applications as we receive them so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
At M&G Plc Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, and we welcome those who have military service or who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
• Inspire Others – Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
• Embrace Change – Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
• Deliver Results – Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
• Keep it Simple – Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things