Consultancy Analyst Based in Edinburgh or Cambridge
Experts in New Energy Delta-ee’s mission is to help our clients successfully navigate the change from ‘old energy’ to ‘new energy’.
We provide bespoke consultancy and subscription research services which answer critical questions that impact our clients’ businesses and allow clients to access in-depth research in a specific knowledge area.We always work in line with our company values.
We are a happy and motivated team, who are always doing the right thing and fulfilling our potential.
Creating a great company culture and being a place that people love to work is very important to us; we are a collaborative, friendly team.
To find out more about what we do, our mission and values please visit: https://www.delta-ee.com/aboutus
Delta-ee’s consultancy team provides services to a range of our existing research clients and new clients.
We have delivered projects for over 100 organisations covering network companies, energy suppliers, policy makers (associations and Government departments), technology companies, and investors and new entrants. Our consultancy work covers the following main areas:
- Market analysis and forecast
- Propositions and customer research
- Strategy and Innovation
- Supporting clients make effective strategic decisions and innovate for competitive advantage
- Technology and Product analysis
- Peak Demand Forecasts
Through working closely with our research team, we can deliver high value consultancy using the latest market insights.
Delta-ee is seeking an experienced Consultancy Analyst who can play a key role in delivering our consultancy services & support our future growth.
This is an excellent opportunity to:
- Become an international expert in low carbon distributed energy sectors and markets.
- Advise decision makers on how to exploit opportunities in these markets.
- Work in a stimulating, supportive and rewarding environment.
- Take growing levels of responsibility and develop skills quickly as Delta-ee expands.
You will be responsible for conducting in-depth research and delivering consultancy assignments alongside managing consultancy projects (mix of large and small, often more than one at the same time).
This will involve excellent project management, organisational & research skills. You will also be required to attend conferences in UK and mainland Europe and to build relationships with industry contacts on behalf of the company, develop client relationships, and contribute to business development.
Example consulting assignments:
- BEIS: The opportunity for smart heat pumps in load management / demand response.
- European Energy Company: In-depth research on connected home companies and customer propositions in Europe to support development of its connected home strategy.
- Major heating appliance manufacturer: Forecasting the evolution of heating markets across Europe, and how it should adapt its technology portfolio to grow its business.
Requirements and qualifications
If you’ve got the right skills for the job we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from the right candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief or race.
For this position, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant work experience ideally in energy consultancy.
- Relevant energy experience would be desirable (but not essential), including energy networks/energy storage/ flexibility/ low carbon heat/ integration of distributed resources.
- Interpersonal, writing and organisational skills.
- Excellent consultancy project management skills and experience in leading consultancy projects.
- Collaborative and team oriented working skills.
- A desire to learn from, listen to and understand industry contacts.
- Evidence of your ability in a variety of research methods, including face-to-face and telephone discussion with industry experts and other professionals.
- The ability to develop new industry contacts and clients, and attend events where required.
Salary and Benefits – what we offer
- Rewarding salary based on experience and qualifications
- 33 days holiday a year (increasing with time served) including bank holidays
- A contributory pension scheme
- A profit-related bonus scheme
- A yearly company Away Day with activity and overnight stay
- Subsidised yoga, company Christmas party, regular social outings
If you wish to apply, please do so as soon as possible by submitting your CV and a short covering letter (less than 250 words) via our careers page: www.delta-ee.com/careers