- Location: St James Gate, Dublin, Ireland
- Working Pattern: Full-time, permanent
- Closing Date: 10 August 2022
Have you ever wanted to see a product and say: “I played a part in that reaching the shelf.” Yes? Then this could be the role for you.
Diageo is looking for a Pilot Plant Technician across our Scotch, European Spirits and Beer Categories within their Brand Change & Innovation teams.
The Pilot Plant Technician supports our Brewers with the creation and commercialisation of brewed products and beers globally for all our beer brands, including the non-alcoholic category. It’s a phenomenal platform where you can demonstrate your technical skills to become an outstanding Pilot Plant Technician and progress your career while supporting Diageo’s Society 2030 ambition.
Join our Brand Change & Innovation Team
It’s a great time to join our Brand Change & Innovation team!
As the home of iconic brands such as Baileys, Guinness, Smirnoff, and Johnnie Walker, at Diageo we source, produce and deliver 6.5 billion litres of world-leading products every year across 180 markets globally. Because of this huge undertaking, we rely on highly advanced systems as well as the very best talent to make sure our businesses continue to run smoothly.
To give you some idea of the scale of our operation, over half of our 30,000 employees work in our supply chains. We have teams in over 100 sites across more than 30 countries, but what matters is that wherever you work, you’re part of a diverse, inclusive team where there are opportunities for everyone.
Whether you work in planning, logistics, technical teams or manufacturing, you’ll be part of an innovative, dynamic organisation. We set ourselves the highest standards, and our practices have earned us international recognition. And it’s people with energy, dedication and problem-solving skills who’ll help us get even better. In return, we offer a world of opportunities for you to explore, to shape and progress your career.
In this role you will be part of the Brand Change Liquid team which comprises a highly qualified team of brewers, brewing technologists and science graduates with additional capabilities in formulated product commercialisation and sensory and stability testing. This team are the “users” of the plant and will partner with the role holder in delivery and maintenance of all systems, processes and work practices that will bring and keep the plant at best in practice level.
Brand Change and Innovation sits within the Beer Category, which is accountable for end-to-end Supply Chain delivery of Diageo’s beer portfolio globally. We are the trusted business partner for the Guinness Global Brand and Diageo Innovation Teams and regional commercial business centres for beer and mainstream spirits.
You will be responsible for:
- As a Pilot Plant Technician, your focus will be to support the brewers, creating a range of interesting beers for the Guinness Open Gate Brewery in Dublin.
- The role holder will be expected to support the Governance agenda in the Pilot Plant and bring the unit up to best in class in the areas of Health and Safety, HACCP, GRMS.
- The role holder will also support brewing on both the 5hl and 10hL pilot plants and packaging in pilot plant’s bottling, canning and kegging facilities.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Ideally you will have some science background and in interest in brewing, with an appetite to learn and do further study.
- You will have some experience of working in innovation, technical or supply operations ideally in a brewery or a small-scale plant.
Working with Diageo
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Join us and you can also expect a highly competitive and flexible rewards and benefits package including:
- Contemporary work life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- On site gym or subsidised gym membership
- Contributary pension scheme
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family
- On site nursery or vouchers
- Annual bonus of circa 10% of your base salary (dependent on performance)
- Share options
- Generous holiday entitlement
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
We’re looking for people with creativity, boldness and a sense of purpose to take Diageo and our timeless, pioneering brands to the next level.
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you