Website Castle Precision Engineering
Established in Glasgow in 1951, Castle Precision Engineering manufactures high precision critical gas turbine components for the aerospace industry as well as complex prismatic parts for the defence industry. Castle is committed to training the next generation of engineers – something that is reflected in the fact that over 50 per cent of its engineering workforce has been trained using its own in-house apprenticeship scheme. For its efforts, the company secured a Scottish Engineering Award for its commitment to work-place learning and apprenticeships.
As part of the Careerwise initiative, we are offering two placement opportunities for female undergraduate STEM students, welcoming applicants from 2nd year engineering students and above.
Based at their site in Castlemilk, we will be looking for undergraduates to help and assist with Process Improvement Projects that will enable us to be more efficient in our production.
Job title: Engineering Summer Placement – Undergraduate
Duration: 3 months
Location: Castlemilk, Glasgow
Salary: £17500 – £18500 pa (pro-rata)
Placement Ref: EQU/2020/019
Basic purpose of the placement and its primary objectives
We are currently offering the opportunity for undergraduate students to gain valuable experience developing a number of key engineering skills which will help them to pursue a career in industry.
- Support the Engineering team on key projects related to process improvements for critical rotative parts for the aerospace industry.
- Understand challenges and improvements to be made in production.
- Learn manufacturing tools and prepare process documents.
- Liaise with all aspects of the business such as health and safety, manufacturing engineering, product engineering, quality and operations.
Knowledge and skills required:
- You must be studying a full time engineering degree and be eligible to work within the UK.
- Good basic IT skills.
- Good understanding of basic engineering practices.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-motivation and a strong work ethic.
Salary: £17.5-18.5k per annum *pro rata* for the 3 month placement.
Shifts: 8.00 – 16.30 Monday to Thursday
8.00 – 15.30 Friday
Location: 241 Drakemire Drive, Glasgow, G45 9SZ
How to Apply
Students should complete the online application form via the Equate Scotland website and attach a cover letter and a CV as separate documents, in PDF version and hit submit.
Please also make sure you note the placement reference number that you are applying for (highlighted above) as you will need this to complete the application form.
Closing Date: 14th January 2020