- Opportunity: Graduate Trainee Consultant Programme
- Location: Edinburgh, Glasgow, London or Birmingham
- Salary: £30,000 – £34,500 per Annum (Depending on Location)
- Closing Date: 31st December
Do you enjoy building relationships, solving complex problems, and working with numbers? If so, our Graduate Trainee Consultant Programme could be the perfect next step for your Graduate Career!
What will your role look like?
From day one, you’ll become a valued member of the Hymans Robertson team. Our Graduate Opportunities are diverse in nature and will give you the chance to work with an exciting variety of businesses and stakeholders, where no two days will be the same.
You’ll be aligned to one of our Business Areas (either Actuarial Public, Actuarial Private, Investments, Defined Contribution Consulting, or Insurance & Financial Services) and will be supported by experienced and friendly colleagues within your team to become a technical expert within your area. Whatever your specialism you’ll join a supportive team where you’ll develop your analytical and numerical skills, along with your technical understanding of our modelling tools, and your stakeholder engagement skills, to become a fully qualified consultant
In short, you’ll use data to help businesses make decisions that can positively impact the lives of their employees. Some of the key activities you will be involved in will include:
- Providing analysis of large data sets, and presenting the results of this in an easily understandable format
- Supporting our consultants to formulate advice for clients based on this analysis and, in time, providing advice to your own set of clients
- Developing your skills in using data modelling tools and software
- Maintaining our quality standards and risk management procedures along with adhering to our Information Security standards, policies and procedures
Depending on which Business Unit you are aligned to, you can also become a student member of either the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute and will receive a generous study support package as you work towards the completion of your exams and fully qualifying as a consultant.
If you enjoy the following, we think you’ll love this opportunity:
- Building relationships and communicating with people
- Working with large sets of detailed data and other forms of information
- Solving complex problems
- A fun and fast-paced working environment, where you are encouraged to collaborate with your colleagues
- Being adaptable and flexible in your approach to tasks
You don’t need to be joining us from a purely maths or actuarial science based subject to excel in this role as we recognise that any University degree will give you an amazing set of transferable skills that are valuable in any workplace. However, we do require you to have the ability to work well with numbers.
In addition to a competitive salary and access to our profit share bonus scheme, we offer:
- A flexible selection of employee benefits, so you can choose a package that best matches your lifestyle and needs
- A collaborative and supportive work environment where your thinking and ideas are encouraged
- A generous study support package
- On site mental health and wellbeing support
- A commitment to helping you develop both personally and professionally, with mentoring opportunities and access to our award-winning learning portal, Aspire
- Regular social activities, in addition to three days paid volunteering leave each year and a day’s leave to celebrate your birthday
You can find out more about why we think Hymans is a great place to work by visiting our Early Careers site!
We have opportunities across each of our four UK based offices – in Edinburgh, Glasgow, London and Birmingham. And we offer hybrid working so you can enjoy the positive wellbeing of working from home as well as the benefits of meeting colleagues in our sociable, modern office environments.
We are continually working to improve our inclusive culture and employ diverse talent. We therefore welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, which includes but isn’t limited to: age, disability, ethnic heritage, gender, marital or civil partnership status, neurodiversity, religion, sexual orientation, and socio-economic background.
Please note, we recruit on a rolling basis so early applications are recommended to avoid disappointment.
Together, we’ve been building better futures for over 100 years. For our people, our clients and their people, our communities and the environment.
We thrive on tackling complex problems. And we believe those problems are best solved by diverse teams – diverse in skills, approaches and backgrounds. Our independence lets our people be themselves and think freely, while working in a collaborative, supportive environment. We love innovative, independent thinking and want everyone to share their ideas.
Working alongside employers, trustees and financial services institutions, we offer pensions, investments, benefits and risk consulting services, as well as data and technology solutions. With over 1000 employees and counting, we’re one of the leading consultancies in our field and are proud to be recognised by numerous industry awards.
We’re committed to developing our people and encourage everyone to carve out their own career path. We’ve many colleagues who started out in one team in the business and have ended up somewhere completely different, having had the chance to develop new skills and explore new passions.
Our hybrid working model offers the best of both worlds – home working as well as a fun, collaborative office environment – meaning flexible working patterns to accommodate individual needs. For more information about our benefits you can visit our iDeal.
If you need any assistance in relation to a personal requirement, medical condition or neurological difference during our selection process then please let us know.
Together, we can make this the best job you’ll ever have.