Job title: Returner (six returnships are available)
Duration: 3 – 6 months
ScottishPower is excited to partner with Equate Scotland to deliver our Returner Programme. We are looking for applications from candidates who have taken a career break of two years or more from the STEM sector, and who are looking to get back into the workplace with a structured and supportive programme. Interviews will take place in August/September with placements starting October
At ScottishPower, we are focused on playing our part – creating a cleaner, more affordable and more secure energy supply for the UK. We know that people are our strongest asset so we’re always looking for individuals whose energy, intelligence and passion can help us reach these goals.
ScottishPower supplies energy throughout the entire United Kingdom over a distribution network comprising of some 65,000 km of underground cables and 47,000 km of overhead lines and renewable energy assets that make us the top wind power producer in the country. We deliver innovative projects based on offshore wind power, clean and emerging technologies and the digitisation and customisation of energy solutions.
What you will receive
• A paid placement for 3-6 months of £27,700 per annum with an excellent benefits package
• An opportunity to work on some of ScottishPower’s innovative projects
• Career clinics run by Equate Scotland to help you successfully transition back to the work place
• Flexible working patterns may be available depending on the role
• A supportive induction and regular meetings with a line manager
• Opportunities to develop and update your skills through team members, collaboration sessions and workshops
To apply you must….
• Have had a career break of at least 2 years or have left the industry to try something else and wants to return
• Be qualified in and/or have relevant work experience in any of the following areas; engineering, renewable energy, data analysis, project management or technology and now considering how to return to work in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths).
The programme offers structured support to brush up skills and knowledge and rebuild confidence in a working environment. The returnship opportunity is to support people to return to STEM employment on a more permanent basis. The returnship is a training opportunity and does not guarantee transfer into a permanent role, however if vacancies are open, returners would be free to apply like any other applicant.
We have placements in the following areas:
• ScottishPower Renewables
• ScottishPower Energy Networks
• ScottishPower Retail & Generation
• ScottishPower Corporate
Most of our placements are based in in Glasgow Head office, however there are also opportunities across the central belt of Scotland and North West of England.
How to apply
To apply, please apply below to submit a CV & covering letter. Closing Date 9th August.
If you have any questions about the returnship or application process, please contact Mairi Elder on Mairi.Elder@ScottishPower.com