ScottishPower is excited to announce the launch of their 2021/2022 Returner Programme
The Programme provides ALL candidates who have taken a career break of two years or more with opportunities to re-enter the STEM industry, last year we broadened the criteria to include candidates who have had a role in STEM which has been directly impacted by Covid19 and with the pandemic still having a big impact on the job market, we are delighted to be doing the same this year.
The programme helps applicants refresh their existing skills and knowledge while building their confidence in a working environment through a structured pathway.
ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world’s largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy.
ScottishPower is the first integrated energy company in the UK to generate 100% green electricity. Our focus is on wind energy, smart grids and driving the change to a cleaner, electric future and we’re investing over £4m every working day to make this happen.
We’re committed to speeding up the transition to cleaner electric transport, improving air quality and over time, driving down bills – to deliver a better future, quicker for everyone.
About the Returners programme
The programme helps people refresh their existing skills and knowledge while building their confidence in a working environment through a structured pathway.
The programme provides:
- A paid placement for 9-12 months, starting salary of £28,400 plus benefits
- An opportunity to work on some of ScottishPower’s innovative projects
- Sociable/Virtual meetings with previous Returners on the Programme
- A supportive induction and regular meetings with a line manager
- Flexible working patterns
- Opportunities to develop and update skills
- Confidence building workshops delivered by external partners
- A business mentor to support you throughout the Programme
- Guidance from a Returners Programme Manager to help with CV writing and applications
How to apply:
To apply for the Returner Programme you must have had a career break of at least 2 years OR have had a STEM role that has been impacted by Covid-19. You must also be qualified in and/or have relevant work experience in one of the following areas; digital, engineering, renewable energy, climate change, data analysis, project management, technology, environmental or sustainability.
If you are interested in working with ScottishPower, please send a cover letter and CV to Marise Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and then link to success factors.