Funding area: Arts and Humanities, Career Development, International, Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths and Medicine (STEMM), Social Sciences
The RSE Scotland Asia Partnerships Higher education Research (SAPHIRE) Fund is a new grant scheme funded by the Scottish Government with the aim of enhancing the existing international research partnerships between Scottish universities, research institutes and partners in Australia, India, Japan, Pakistan, South Korea, Singapore and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). Funding is available to Scottish universities, with the stated objectives of enabling research to include a focus on environmental issues and climate change; expanding existing research partnerships (e.g. to other Scottish universities/consortia); developing a practical application for the research and engagement with industry, and widening the scope of the existing partnership.
The SAPHIRE scheme is open to researchers, from all Scottish universities and research institutes, that are involved in existing peer-reviewed research projects which:
- relate to one of the themes highlighted below.
- are already receiving peer reviewed funding.
- include a partner from either Australia, India, Japan, Pakistan, South Korea, Singapore, and/ or ASEAN (other than Singapore). Projects can include additional partners from other countries.
- Industry participation welcomed as part of consortia.
The funding will open for applications from Monday 6 September 2021; applicants are required to:
- Create a profile on the RSE CiviCRM, or log in using your existing details
- Once into your profile, access the online application.
- Complete the details on the online application form by Monday 25 October 2021, 12:00 noon.
- Successful applications should have a start date between Tuesday 1 February 2022 – Friday 30 September 2022.
More information can be found HERE.