- Fund deadline: October 25, 2021 12:00 pm
- Fund value: £12,000
- Fund duration: Up to 2 years
Funding area: Arts and Humanities, Career Development, International, Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths and Medicine (STEMM), Social Sciences
The RSE Joint Projects aims to facilitate international collaboration between researchers based in Scotland with researchers overseas. Applications for two-year joint projects are invited from Scottish-based researchers to include an overseas Higher Education Institution (HEI), Research Institute (RI) or Cultural Institution of your choice (open to all countries). The RSE provides up to a maximum of £6,000 per year and up to a maximum of £12,000 over two years. The collaborating institution is expected to provide the equivalent level of funding per two-year joint project.
For Scottish-based researchers:
- The Principal Investigator (PI) must be of at least postdoctoral status or equivalent
- PI and Scottish-based collaborators must be employed by a employed by a Scottish HEI, RI or Cultural Institution
- Unrestricted number of participants per team. PhD students may be included; however, their international activities (travel, subsistence, etc.) cannot be funded with project money
- Visits must take place in both directions.
An applicant can only apply once per deadline. Current Scottish-based holders of an RSE Joint Project Award are not eligible to apply. Holders of other RSE awards are eligible to apply.
- RSE Joint Projects can be held in all academic disciplines.
- Applications will only be considered for bilateral, not multilateral, projects. The collaboration should be based on a single project, with two teams or individuals based in Scotland and in the partner institution. The collaboration should involve bilateral exchanges between Scotland and the partner institution.
- A statement of support from the Scottish PI’s head of department, an institutional statement of support and a letter of invitation from the collaborator will be required as part of the application. Additionally, two references are required to be sent to the RSE as detailed on the RSE website.
The funding will open for applications from Monday 6 September 2021; applicants are required to:
- Create a profile on the RSE CiviCRM, or log in using your existing details
- Once into your profile, access the online application.
- Complete the details on the online application form.
- Upload as part of the online form a statement of support from your head of department and an institutional statement of support. You will also be required to upload a letter of invitation from your proposed partner.
- Arrange for two referee forms to be sent to the RSE InternationalAwards@theRSE.org.uk by Monday 25 October 2021, 12:00. These are available to download from the resources below.
- Successful applications should have a start date between Tuesday 1 March 2022 – Wednesday 31 August 2022.