Website Science and Technology Facilities Council
- Position: Senior Project Manager
- Salary: £50,702 to £56,336 per annum (dependent on skills and experience).
- Location: Science and Technology Facilities Council, UK Astronomy Technology Centre, Edinburgh.
- Contract type: Permanent, Full-time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to contribute to lead the UK’s contributions to the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) project through the construction phase of the telescope.
Within this role you will work with the SKA Observatory (SKAO) and the UK SKA collaboration to maintain and deliver the UK’s interests in the project.
This is a unique opportunity to join a large multinational team at the start of the critical phase of this project, which will bring the SKA successfully into operation and delivering science.
About this opportunity:
You will be encouraged to work concurrently on large-scale projects, including contributing to the ongoing development and improvement of these in parallel with any project work. You will be responsible for the project cost and delivery, to the required specification, quality and safety standards.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Provide project management leadership on all aspects of the STFC technical commitments to the SKA construction phase.
- Work closely with SKAO project managers and senior team to manage risks and issues that may affect delivery, whilst ensuring the UK’s strategic interests are achieved.
- Represent the UK’s strategic interests in discussions with SKAO and international partners.
- Communicate the UK project status and progress to all project partners as required.
We are looking for someone with:
- Expertise across all areas of project management practice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A diplomatic approach to working and coordinating with our project collaborators.
- Experience in leading software development, and in particular, developing teams utilising agile methodologies.
We are offering a permanent position that provides a whole host of benefits including; 30 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), an excellent pension scheme, employee shopping/travel discounts, a salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, plus many more benefits and wellbeing initiatives that enable our employees to have a great work life balance!
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are invested in creating an environment that is welcoming and supportive of all, to help us achieve the highest possible standards in our work and organisation together. In this regard, we encourage applications from under-represented groups.
How to apply:
In your application please provide a CV and a Cover Letter which details your experience in relation to the criteria for this role.
Closing Date: 3rd October 2021