Website Xodus Group
Software Development Lead at Xodus
Who is Xodus?
Xodus Group is an international energy consultancy, founded on an integrated approach to energy challenges. Our expert scientific, engineering and advisory teams work on projects supporting clients across the globe using intelligent thinking to overcome challenges, promote sustainability, minimise environmental impact and maximise return on investment. We work across the energy sector addressing the global mix of energy infrastructure projects and innovative technology opportunities.
Ultimately, we bring great, motivated, people together who all understand how energy solutions can be technically, economically, ethically and environmentally sustainable. We hope you will join us.
With its vision that together, we will deliver a responsible energy future, Xodus is in a truly exciting and ever-evolving position in the energy sector. We work across the globe on innovative projects, engaging with industry and communities wherever we go in order to deliver on our vision. Our biggest asset is our people, and that is why we take time to seek out the best people who really ‘fit’ with our culture, and then support them through the natural peaks and challenges of consultancy with initiatives around learning and development, wellbeing, sustainability (and of course we try to have as much fun as we can along the way!).
In line with Xodus values, we are committed to inclusion and diversity and invite applications from all backgrounds to apply for the role. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We believe in a culture where people feel empowered and as such have a very flat structure. The role will report to the Digital Development Director in Perth Australia and will be based alongside the UK Technology Team
Key responsibilities will include:
- Significant contribution to the digital vision and technology roadmap – proactively engaging to understand future technology trends and define their relevance and potential to Xodus Group.
- Help deliver the company’s broader digitalisation vision and bridge the gap between the Digital Development Director and the Software Team.
- Setting technical standards, such as platforms, coding standards and development methodologies.
- Promote global standardised processes including stipulation of standards, for development process for all other system developers and 3rd parties to adhere to.
- Assess, develop and maintain the Software Team standards across all areas – software development skills, knowledge, operations.
- Facilitating the planning, tracking and scheduling of development products / deliverables.
- Identify opportunities for Xodus Group to realise efficiencies from digital solutions using modern technologies, collaborating with internal stakeholders and external clients alike.
- Help implement and nurture agile work practices. e.g. write user stories to help estimate work accurately, work in sprints and continuously refine and re-estimate as the project is running.
- Manage the development of a repeatable methodology for project delivery, where the goal is for a developer to be able to come in mid-project, understand the solution intent and contribute immediately.
- Provide guidance for continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools to build software delivery pipelines with automated building, testing and deployment.
- Solution development based on experience and understanding of a range of technologies.
- Business stakeholder support and guidance throughout solution development phases and post go-live support.
- Oversee performance, quality control & testing of new solutions and changes to existing solutions.
- Manage, guide and monitor any 3rd party services e.g. external / outsourced development resource.
- Ensure effective change management control procedures are in place and adhered to.
- Establish standards for (and oversee) routine proactive maintenance and monitoring performance metrics.
- Monitoring of solution performance and resolution of any issues related to developed solutions.
- Management of issues in Azure DevOps.
- Responsible for overseeing product backlogs and development plans.
- Providing direction to other team members for resolution of critical issues.
- Manage team of software developers, including individual performance management, setting team KPIs, rotating expertise across projects, understanding and organising training requirements.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Manage team workload and task assignment.
- In depth knowledge of the Azure Cloud platform. Specific knowledge on PaaS, API Management, Media Services, and Cognitive Services would be advantageous.
- Solid understanding of source control using GIT and application lifecycle management using Azure DevOps or Git Hub.
- Solution architecture experience in AWS and Azure will be advantageous.
- Solid understanding of concepts associated with secure application development and vulnerability remediation.
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Microsoft technologies, specifically ASP.NET Core (MVC & Web API)
- Strong knowledge of Angular or React.
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases (Preferably MS SQL Server)
- Proven experience modernizing legacy applications (e.g. VB.net / app migration to cloud).
- Proven experience with Python or R is advantageous.
- Experience with Data Visualization products (PowerBI , Tableau, etc.) is advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience of the full solution development lifecycle.
- Experience leading / managing a software development team.
- In depth understanding of modern development frameworks and coding standards.
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new technologies and concepts.
- Ability to work within a dynamic support and development team.
- Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems in a logical and effective way, including root cause analysis and actions to solve a problem.
- Experience working with an agile approach to software development is expected.
- Demonstrable experience of taking user requirements from ‘initial requirement’ to detailed functional and technical requirements through to development of subsequent solution.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Works well under pressure.
- Presents self in a professional manner appropriate to the role.
- Wider IT team including Head of IT & Cyber Security
- Colleagues at all levels from across the business
- Xodus Innovation team
- Local business management
Xodus can offer a competitive package with an array of benefits and flexibility in where you work