We are looking for multiple Systems Engineers at Leonardo in Edinburgh.
Leonardo is a global leader in defence electronics and delivers mission critical systems for situational awareness, electronic warfare and surveillance across land, sea and air. The Radar and Advanced Targeting line of business, based in Edinburgh, is uniquely positioned as one of the world’s top manufacturers of radars, lasers and infra-red countermeasure systems.
The team you will be joining is an engineering hub that designs, develops and integrates a range of processing solutions primarily for Leonardo’s radar product line.
We are a diverse mix of Systems Engineers, Software Engineers and Technical Specialists who bring together a wealth of experience and expertise to collaborate, innovate and deliver world-class solutions.
Our team’s main areas of expertise are:
- Digital signal processing
- Tracking and fusion
- RF image processing
- Adaptive control
- Data science and management
- Modelling and simulation
We want to make the best products, and we can only do that with the best people. So we provide an environment which will encourage and support you to define and own your personal development and reach your full potential.
Are you an experienced engineer looking for a new opportunity; where you can apply and expand your skillset and knowledge?
Or are you a professional in another field looking for a change; where you can apply your skills whilst developing core engineering skills in an exciting industry?
Maybe you have always been curious about Systems Engineering at Leonardo and would like to know more?
Then we want to speak to you.
What we can offer you:
- Custom working – we can consider a flexible approach to working hours
- Annual leave of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Award-winning pension scheme, including an attractive employer contribution
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes to give you the time and flexibility you need to enjoy a balanced life
- Access to thousands of online courses free of charge via Coursera
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- Onsite Occupational Health Service to look after your physical and mental wellbeing, and keep you safe at work
- Restaurant facilities, including a coffee shop and restaurant
- Employee discount schemes for you and your family, including retail, cinema, hotel bookings and vehicle benefits
- Family friendly policies
- Paternity, parental, adoption and dependent leave
- Learning & Development – we will assess your development needs in line with the role you wish to perform, to allow you to further develop your knowledge
- Career breaks – where appropriate, we support you to pursue other interests outside the workplace
- Positive support for the Reserve Forces, including additional time off for Reservists
What you will do
Day to day, you will be designing and supporting the development of radar processing solutions in one of the following areas:
- Radar tracking design and development
- System- and low-level radar performance modelling
- Data engineering
- Digital signal processing and RF imaging (including Synthetic Aperture Radar)
- You’ll get to work with a group of supportive, talented and innovative engineers.
- Dependent on experience, you may also lead technical activities and initiatives, or you may mentor and coach other engineers.
What we are looking for
- Are you passionate about cutting-edge technology?
- Do you embrace change and challenge the status-quo?
- Are you a creative problem solver?
- Do you have an eye for detail and strive for high quality?
- Are you keen to learn and develop?
- Do you embrace collaboration?
- Are you focussed on a team’s overall output?
If any of these sound like you, then you could be our next Systems Engineer.
- Ideally, you will have a science-based Honours degree.
- You’ll have either worked in industry, or will have advanced academic research experience. If you have a PhD, we encourage you to apply.
- Our team primarily use Matlab / Simulink, and although deep expertise is not essential, a solid basis in a programming language is.
We are particularly interested in speaking to you if you have experience in any of the following areas:
- RF systems design and operation (any domain)
- RF seekers
- RF interferometry
- Medical imaging systems, image processing, image / object classification / identification
- Computer vision image processing (e.g. segmentation, clustering)
- Multi-sensor data fusion and tracking
- Digital signal processing
- Sonar, synthetic aperture sonar processing
- Active and passive electronic warfare
- Adaptive / dynamic electromagnetic spectrum management
- Vehicle collision avoidance systems, communication and autonomy
- Real time data simulation/generation
You must be capable of achieving full SC security clearance and will require access to caveated information such as UK eyes only.