At the forefront of Educational Technology (Edtech), EDINA designs, builds, and delivers software for students and teachers in Higher Education, Further Education and Schools across the world.
EDINA is looking for a sales support officer to promote and sell our services to schools, colleges, and universities. As a member of the sales team you will have an exciting opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience in the growing ‘Edtech’ market, bringing and growing your experience of digital, social media and telesales approaches.
What we are looking for
- Degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience within a commercial environment, e.g. hands-on-experience in a similar or related role(s), with a track record of delivering sales
- Ability to quickly build rapport with new customers. Be motivated to promote and sell a variety of Ed Tech solutions and products.
- Strong listening and sales skills to draw out customer needs and match and present benefits and solutions of the services on offer.
- Strong networking skills with the ability to develop and close sales.
- Excellent (telephone) Sales and Business Development skills.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to clearly articulate as well as compose written messages in simple and compelling language, including comprehensive presentation of customer data.
- Experience of using a CRM, including report generation and analysis.
- Experience of delivering digital and social media telesales approaches
- Experience in or a willingness to learn to deliver webinars, product demonstrations and other similar activities
- Experience of email marketing campaigns
Work place benefits
Working for Information Services at the University of Edinburgh comes with a fair amount of perks:
- Salary Range: £28,331 to £32,816
- 40 days annual leave.
- Generous University of Edinburgh pension plan.
- Staff health and wellbeing programmes.
- Extensive learning and development opportunities including self-development time, internal & external conferences and training.
- Fantastic & open network of professionals and subject experts within the University of Edinburgh.
If you have any questions or fancy a chat to find out more about the role please get in touch with Guy.Stevenson@ed.ac.uk.