Website Wood Mackenzie
The WoodMac Returnship Programme is for professionals who want to restart their careers after an extended absence from the workforce. The programme has been specifically designed for people who left the workforce for two or more years and are ready to return. This paid, 14-week programme offers opportunities in a variety of teams. It is designed as a guided programme where the returnee contributes to Wood Mackenzie through real work assignments whilst being supported by their manager and our Technical Learning Partner.
The programme will provide:
- Meaningful experience
- Individual development programme
- Mentoring and coaching support
- Access to a community of others in the same situation.
You should apply to the WoodMac Returnship Programme if you:
- Have a desire to re-enter the workforce
- Have been out of the workforce for 2+ years
- Have relevant previous work experience
- Reside in commuting distance to Edinburgh
- Able to dedicate 20 – 35 hours for a 12-week program from 9 March to 19 June 2020
- Interested in returning to the work on a permanent basis as the returnship may lead to a permanent role
Part-time working hours will be considered.
Returnees who participate in our program will benefit by:
- Refreshing their skills and learning technologies that may not have existed when they left the workforce.
- Collaborating with other returnees who are re-entering the workforce at the same time
- Obtaining relevant and recent work experience for their resume
Though not guaranteed, our ambition is that you will be invited to join WoodMac as permanent employees following the programme.
- Product Management
- Data Modelling
- BI Development
- Product Design
- Data Analysts
- Upstream Oil and Gas Research Associate
Our colleagues who excel working with us are:
- Curious and passionate about their chosen subject
- Love learning and sharing their knowledge to develop others
- Able to build and maintain networks and relationships internally and externally
- Analytical and commercial, placing high value on customer insight and experience
- Self-motivated, engaged and focused on delivering high quality results
- Flexible in their approach and embrace change and continuous improvement
- Able to and communicate the complex simply
Save the dates:
- Application closing date: 14 February – please submit your resume and cover letter to our recruitment platform, outlining the knowledge, skills and experience you have that makes you a suitable candidate.
- Open Morning: 19 February – come to our office and hear from our Guest speakers about their experiences of returning to work after an extended break. You will have the opportunity to learn more about the programme and meet our Hiring Managers to understand the opportunities in more detail. Details of the event will be sent to you upon receipt of your application and you can also sign up via Eventbrite.
- Assessment Centre: week commencing 24 February – more details to follow.
Our office is based in the centre of Edinburgh (2, Exchange Place, 5 Semple St, Edinburgh EH3 8BL) closely situated to Haymarket Train Station and accessible to a number of bus links for public transport.
For further information please contact Erin McCaffery (email@example.com)
What you’ll love about Wood Mackenzie
For the past 45 years, we have established our reputation as a trusted source of knowledge and forward- looking insight for the world’s most innovative organisations.
Our teams are located around the world, and deliver research and consulting projects based on our assessment and valuation of thousands of individual assets, companies and economic indicators such as market supply, demand and price trends. As a result, we can count the world’s key energy institutions and governments among our most loyal clients.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We value everyone’s contribution and support them to reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being. There are opportunities to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are part of a company that has been named as a Best Employer by Forbes Magazine and on the Forbes Most Innovative Companies list three years running. Verisk is one of only 15 out of 500 companies to appear on both lists. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
What you’ll love about Verisk
Verisk Analytics has an amazing story to tell. In 2017, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year and to its America’s Best Mid-Size Employers list. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the second consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, and financial services. We’ve been delivering data, analytics, and decision support services to our customers for more than 45 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.